Time to regain some momentum on our house renovation and finish it off. We’ve done the big things: the loft conversion and extension, the rear extension to create that all important family/ playroom linked to the kitchen. Now it’s time to do the living room, finish the kitchen and the bathroom.
House and Garden
. . .
– Fourteen days in and we are still loving our “girls”, the lovely hens bought from Farmer Mike. ready for his morning duties, Little Man scoffs down his breakfast and dons wellies to go and collect the eggs almost before we can catch up with him. He loves stroking them and 3 out of […]
– Last year I went a bit mad in our caravan shopping, I first bought the Avondale Leda, then thought I can’t live in this for 2-3 months! So I bought this amazingly spacious and comfy Hobby Prestige 650. In the end we didn’t actually spend lots of time in it as it was such […]
– Well I thought might as well add this as a blog post: We were renovating and extending our house last year and I bought a couple of caravans for us to live and work in. This one is the Other Half’s “office” (he works from home a couple of days a week). I planned […]
– Here’s our adventure in keeping chickens thus far: Is that really a Chicken house inside? A heap of wood to be turning into a chicken coup and a small run We are almost there! We can highly recommend Farmer Mike Very happy chicken at New Barn Farm. So who wants to come home with […]
– Apparently chicken are the 3rd most popular “pet” kept in the UK. As I explained in my previous post, I do love the romantic idea of them pecking away on the scrap heap and producing delicious fresh eggs. …but does it make financial sense? Well, here’s the run down of costs: In preparation for […]
It all started off with a romantic vision of seeing chicken scratching away at the bottom of the garden. That was a year ago, when we moved to this house. There is a decent garden and as a huge supporter of recycling I thought chicken would be great: We love eggs. We eat lots of […]
Don’t you just love the fresh smell of outside dried laundry? You bring in with it the scent of the wind and the sun. Yet how often do we have days in Britain that we hang the laundry out in splendid sunshine, only to have a shower drench just as it is almost dry? […]
Over the last months in an effort to decluttter the rest of our house everything & I mean EVERYTHING has migrated up into our loft bedroom/office, with the view “we’ll deal with it later”. Later never comes! I am ashamed of it, it causes lots if marital tiffs and well as immense stress. I realise […]