As part of the One corner at a time to a Happy Home challenge I’ve set myself I started with what was the smallest corner, but probably the messiest: the understairs cupboard. This area was a desolate wasteland, a dumping ground. The shelves were too wide, so I couldn’t see what was on there and […]
House and Garden
A couple of weeks ago I entered a TOTs100 competition to redo one of our rooms- I focused on our living room. In researching what I actually wanted to do I found some fabulous ideas. There are some amazing resources on the Internet, great blogs which focus on decluttering, organising, cleaning. Pinterest provides ample visual […]
. The other day I expressed my frustration at not knowing where to start with finishing our house renovation project – the living room, the kitchen or the bathroom- and put it out there for debate as well as sitting together with family. In prioritising I have gone with which is going to help my […]
Time to regain some momentum on our house renovation and finish it off. We’ve done the big things: the loft conversion and extension, the rear extension to create that all important family/ playroom linked to the kitchen. Now it’s time to do the living room, finish the kitchen and the bathroom.
. . .
– Fourteen days in and we are still loving our “girls”, the lovely hens bought from Farmer Mike. ready for his morning duties, Little Man scoffs down his breakfast and dons wellies to go and collect the eggs almost before we can catch up with him. He loves stroking them and 3 out of […]
– Last year I went a bit mad in our caravan shopping, I first bought the Avondale Leda, then thought I can’t live in this for 2-3 months! So I bought this amazingly spacious and comfy Hobby Prestige 650. In the end we didn’t actually spend lots of time in it as it was such […]
– Well I thought might as well add this as a blog post: We were renovating and extending our house last year and I bought a couple of caravans for us to live and work in. This one is the Other Half’s “office” (he works from home a couple of days a week). I planned […]
– Here’s our adventure in keeping chickens thus far: Is that really a Chicken house inside? A heap of wood to be turning into a chicken coup and a small run We are almost there! We can highly recommend Farmer Mike Very happy chicken at New Barn Farm. So who wants to come home with […]
– Apparently chicken are the 3rd most popular “pet” kept in the UK. As I explained in my previous post, I do love the romantic idea of them pecking away on the scrap heap and producing delicious fresh eggs. …but does it make financial sense? Well, here’s the run down of costs: In preparation for […]