The kitchen is nearly ready, but quite a few people have asked to have a nosy. So I made a quick video of the IKEA kitchen and here is the first walk-though, including design decisions, peep into the cabinets and drawers.
It’s an IKEA kitchen Metod cabinets with Veddinge fronts- white and grey- and Juttis glass doors.
The appliances (except for our ancient fridge) are from IKEA too, as these have 5 years warranty. They are:
– Finsmakare oven
– Hygenisk integrated dishwasher
– Smaklig induction hob
All the lighting in the new kitchen is from IKEA too. For us IKEA is an easy option, because the store is quite close. I also enjoyed the planning process with their online planning tool. (The kitchen has gradually evolved from a first consultation with one of IKEA’s kitchen planners in September. I think I have about 15 saved versions of the kitchen.)
There are a couple of family-friendly and some unusual features included:
- drawers with plates and cups kept low down
- drawers even high up
- a sort of “garage” for the toaster, slow cooker
- no kettle…because who needs a kettle when you have an induction hob
Read more about our small family apartment renovations
The elements that still need to be finished in our new kitchen:
- Some sort of splachback solution – we’re thinking wall panels instead of tiles to tie in with it being a living room-dining room- kitchen
- covings and coverings
- a quiet extractor fan… any suggestions?
- some discreet draw handles
- separators in drawers- from IKEA
- a general declutter and tidy in the drawers
- new flooring- which I’m thinking may be bamboo from the Bamboo Flooring company, who we’ve bought from before and loved in our old house
- Skirting boards
- Paint walls and re-oil worktop