How cute are these snowsuits?
As last snow season was finishing and we were heading off to the warmer climates of Los Angeles, I spotted some awesome snowsuits on Instagram. A couple of weeks ago we had our first flurry of snow in Sweden, which prompted a frenzy of finding our winter gear, somewhere among the boxes.
Of course, once we dug them our we realised that they were the wrong sizes for the kids- some too small, some too big. Just then Instagram came to the rescue and reminded me of the cute snowsuits I’d seen earlier. Based on how much time we spent outdoors skating, skiing, snowboarding last winter I really wanted full suits for the boys. Layering and keeping them warm is so much easier, if they can’t expose their midriff. I placed an order for WeeDo Funwear- https://weedo.de
A week later a Turtle and an Shark arrived, but the snow had melted, warm autumnal weather returned.
Nonetheless the boys were extremely excited by their new snowsuits. Max’s Shark turned out to be a little bit too big on him (he’s a small 6 year old and I ordered a 6-8 year old size for him). Even with the internal grow system it was too big for him. He is due a growth spurt, but I decided to exchange his suit for a 4-6 year old size.
Hugo just had to put his suit on and go to the playground!
The weather was cold, grey and miserable, but he wanted to be outside. Who was I to stop him? The other two were busy at parties.
He had lots of fun in the park even on his own!
I love the details of the WeeDo snowsuit!
- the padded and reinforced knees will be awesome on the snow and ice
- gloves are attached! Hurray! No more hunting for gloves!
- the hood actually goes OVER their helmet, which makes it really useful in the cold
- it has little pockets inside and a ski pass pocket on the sleeve
- the turtle’s shell zips off to become a little picnic cushion to sit on and you can, in principle store some small bits and pieces under it, when it’s zipped on
- I quite like that the padding on the back with the shell on gives Hugo that little bit extra protection
- the suit is both a rain- and a snowsuit, as it’s waterproof, but breathable. The material feels really strong and sturdy, like other leading Scandinavian outdoor wear we’ve owned.
- ..but best of all, the fun element of the the characters! They will not me blending in on the slopes. 😀
The bits that I’m uncertain of are the sizing. I was surprised how big the suit turned out to be…. but maybe my boys are just a little bit short.
These suits are not cheap, just under 200 Euros each. However, I’ve learnt a valuable lesson: Look at the overall value and break it down to cost per wear. Our cost per wear will be so little, since the kids live in their outdoor gear the whole of the winter. They go to school in these, as it just pops over their normal, indoor clothes. On weekends, I layer them up and chuck them out into the woods, onto the slopes or the ice to play.
Read more about layering kids for slightly less extreme climates
Oh, I forgot the most important feature, which convinced me to get these:
You know when you spend ages getting the kids dressed, got everyone ready, you are hot and frustrated, leave with a sense of accomplishment … only for one or more of the kids to say:
“Mummy I need the toilet!”?
THAT! Well, WeeDo Snowsuits were designed with this in mind. They have wee do zips around the waist. 😉 No more getting totally undressed just to pop to the loo!
A mother’s dream, wouldn’t you say? Now all we need is snow and ice!