I was given this challenge by Dia (http://diaryofalagosmum.com) and thought it would be quite fun. It was actually not that easy to come up with this list. I even had to call on oh-so-darling-daddy to give me some hints. So here it goes, the 10 things you didn’t know about this Mum on the brink:
- I still struggle to distinguish my left and right. I will look at my hand to confirm, making an “L” with thumb and index finger.
- I am a LOT heavier than I look… or is that people just saying out of kindness?
- I’ve trained all three dogs I’ve had to wee and poo on command, the current one shakes himself when asked.
- I keep odd hours. I am a complete night owl and awful company in the mornings, in desperate need of coffee.
- I’m pretty pedantic about toilets. I rather go up 1-2 flights of stairs to use “my” toilet than the others in the house.
- I first got drunk when I was 14. We mixed liquors with chocolate milk to mask the taste, the mix was pretty awful, but we drank it as not to waste it. The hangover next day was awful! …to this day I still get drunk pretty easily.
- As a child I used to bite everyone and everything. I even bit a dog. She was then afraid of me for life.
- I almost drowned when I was 4, falling into the river off a pontoon in March. My parents rescued me by my hair. I laughed it off apparently and to this day I can be lifted by my hair without it really hurting.
- I really suffer from motion sickness, to the point that on a mountain road I have had to stop the car and get out even when I was actually driving.
- Despite point 9, I crewed for 3 months on a couple of yachts sailing around the Eastern Mediterranean, visiting Malta, Greece, the Turkish coast all the way from Istanbul to Iskenderun, Cyprus, Syria, Lebanon, Israel and Egypt. Yes, I did get seasick a couple of times before getting my sea legs.
I’d like to tag-
Emma , The Real Supermum
Suzy, Scribbles from Suzy
Anne, Is there anyone there?
Caroline, Middle Aged Creed
Bev, The Accidental Labour Activist
Vivien, Vivien Sabel- Hearing and speaking in a silent world
Amy, ..and 1 more means four… and 1 more
and finally, Deskmonkeymummy,
Please join me in this game and post your 10 things … then don’t forget to put the link in the comments
This originated theme at Me and my Kiddywinks